Life is usually defined as a quality, characteristic, or condition...
...that differentiates "living" organisms from "dead" or "inorganic" Matter.
This quality is often articulated as including the capacity to gather and use Energy, engage in functional activity, grow, transform, and reproduce.
On a deeper level, It is related to the concept of Existence.
However to date, Life has largely defied the attempts of scientists and philosophers to define it.
The most basic definitions center around self-reproduction and variation.
We Do Not Know, but...
In the Lionsberg System, the entire universe is viewed as a Living System, in which an overarching and uniting Logos informs all associations and dissociations of Energy in an eternally regenerative process that creates and sustains Life.
Our Current Best Understanding and Hypothesis is that Life as we Perceive it is dependent upon, or arising from, Consciousness, and not vice versa.
The Deepest Consciousness, and therefore the most fundamental thing, is the Consciousness of the One.
Arising from the Deepest Consciousness is Information, which instructs the association and dissociation of Energy into Form.
Through a scientifice lens, Quantum Information might be described as the most fundamental (thing) beyond Source, in that it orders and informs the way in which the Quantum Field manifests into form.
Therefore - That Which is Generating and Sustaining the Universe... gives rise to Information, which informs Energy how to manifest In Form.
While scientists and philosophers may continue to argue about whether a given association of Energy is "alive", when we step back and attempt to view the universe through the Meta Lens, we see that each and every element is part of a single energetic System of Life, inextricably connected and necessary to the Whole.
Pages that link to this page
- The Commander And The Soldier
- Lionsberg Trust Manifesto
- Co-Creating The New World
- Living System
- One Another
- Right Questions
- Goals and Aspirations
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Above The Chaos, Introducing Lionsberg
- Update, Plan, Notes Work In Progress
- 4.9 Raising The Standard To The Highest One
- 4.12 Co-Creating Heaven On Earth
- 4.7 A New State Of Being
- 1.16 Rewiring Our Brain
- 1.4 Unmoored in the Seas of Chaos
- 1.8 Operationalizing Wisdom and Truth
- 1.X The Prophetic Bowl
- 1.20 The Sovereign Vessels
- 1.23 Choosing The Flood
- 1.25 Warning 1
- 1.28 Warning 2
- 1.3 The Right Questions
- 1.6 Outside the Boundary
- 10.24 Individuals And Systems
- 10.39 What Binds Us Together?
- 10.17 Higher Order Sub-Systems
- 11.26 The Meta Goal of the Meta Game
- 11.33 Why Play The Game?
- 11.38 Rules of the Meta Game
- 11.11 The New Game Requires an Ancient and Eternal Foundation
- 11.13 The Order of Responsibilities
- 11.14 The Order of Goals
- 2.5 The Vantage Point Of Humans
- 3.14 Love
- 3.18 Powerful Love
- 3.x25 Complacency
- 4.29 The Terrifying Existential Awe And Fear Of Not Knowing
- 4.17 Moving Through Love
- 4.24 The Reciprocal Opening of Being and Doing
- 4.25 Navigating and Becoming
- 4.26 Every Defect Is A Gift
- 4.32 Take Your Shoes Off
- 4.9 Who We Are
- 5.1 The Quest For Purpose and Meaning
- 5.10 Experiencing the Greatest Possible Purpose and Meaning
- 5.2 Higher Purpose and Meaning
- 5.22 Starting With The Source Of Time And Energy
- 5.3 The Purpose And Meaning Of Life
- 5.4 Quality and Quantity of Service
- 5.8 All For One, And One For All
- 6.5 The Ground of Being
- 6.8 The Failed Institutionalization of Truth
- 6.1 The Quest Of The Creative One
- 6.16 Concrete And Abstract Idolatry
- 6.17 Beyond The Masculine Anthropomorphic God
- 6.18 Consciousness And Its Source
- 6.19 The Nature And Location Of The Source
- 6.20 Towards The One Highest Aim
- 6.21 The Simple Message Of The Quest Towards Oneness Through Love
- 6.25 Hemlock And The Gods Of The State
- 6.26 The Tsunami
- 6.4 The Song Of Creation
- 6.7 The Golden Thread
- 7.33 Superorganisms
- 7.35 The Human Microverse And The Hierarchy Of Structure
- 7.36 One Living System
- 7.5 The Meta Unity of Meta Diversity
- 7.9 The Mystery Of The Microcosm
- 7.10 What Is Fundamental?
- 7.22 Chemical Compounds And Molecules
- 7.23 Transformations Of Form
- 7.24 What Is Prior To Life?
- 7.25 Life
- 7.26 Microbiome
- 7.27 Cells
- 7.28 The Cellular Microverse
- 7.34 Co-Operative Superorganisms
- 7.6 The Conditions That Precipitate The Emergence Of Flourishing And Abundant Life
- 8.65 Whose Vision? Whose Plan? Whose System?
- 8.9.3 The Heroes And Highlights Of History
- 8.64 The Deception And Temptation Of Power And Control
- 8.59 The Great Dichotomy
- 8.30 Stoicism
- 8.13 The Great Liminal Dissolution, Transformation, and Rise
- 8.10 A Few Ancient Memories
- 9.21 The Fullness Of Sovereignty And Authority Lies With The Individual, Not The State
- 9.9 The Law That All People Know On A Level Deeper Than Words
- 9.7 The Temporal Nature And Evolution Of Human Authority
- 9.3 Towards What Shall We Steer And Why
- 9.35 Government And Religion Get Authority Backwards
- 9.25 Our Supreme Identify And Citizenship
- 9.2 Navigating Through The Unknown
- 9.22 All Generations Of Life Are Sacred And Sovereign
- 9.24 Right Relationship And Inter-Existence
- 13.38 Co-Creation with the Best Partner We Could Ever Hope For
- 13.5 The Call and Embarkation
- 13.29 The Infinite Walk of Faith
- 13.4 Moving, Rising, and Falling
- 13.6 Completion, Fulfillment, and Shalom
- 13.10 There is no Turning Back
- 13.14 Sacrificing Others Instead of Your Self
- 13.2 The Quest of the Heroes
- 13.20 Fear, Mistakes, and Shame
- Meditation 565
- Meditation 587
- Meditation 591
- Meditation 648
- Meditation 528
- Meditation 473
- Meditation 420
- Meditation 350
- Meditation 248
- Meditation 253
- Meditation 279
- Meditation 281
- Who We Are
- 1.5 One Hour a Day
- 2.5 The Gift of Structure
- 1.12 The Practice Of Today
- 1.3 The Way
- 1.4 Your Way
- 1.6 Patterns and Probabilities
- 1.8 Transformation Applied To The Product Of The Previous Transformation
- 6. Sacrifice for Something Better
- 1.13 Harmony, Equilibrium, Right Relationship, Flow, Oneness
- 1.14 Beyond Forms and Techniques
- 1.15 Co-Creating the World
- 1.9 Laying Down Your Life