Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals
In the context of the Lionsberg System, the "Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals" refers to the interconnected and interdependent set of Goals that collectively contribute to the Progressive Realization of the Meta Goal. These goals are organized in a properly integrated hierarchical structure, with higher-level goals serving as integrating and guiding visions for the more specific, lower-level goals that fall under them. This conceptual hierarchy reflects the understanding that our individual and collective efforts must be aligned and coordinated in order to bring about the transformative change necessary to co-create the New World.
The Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals includes:
- The Meta Goal: The ultimate, overarching goal that unites all other goals and provides a unifying purpose for our collective efforts.
- High-Level Goals: Broad, long-term outcomes that we aim to achieve in pursuit of the Meta Goal, such as the betterment of society, ecological regeneration, and personal transformation.
- Intermediate Goals: More specific, actionable targets that support the achievement of high-level goals and contribute to the overall Meta Goal.
- Bioregional Goals: Goals that address the unique needs, opportunities, and challenges within specific bioregions, contributing to the resilience and vitality of ecosystems and communities.
- Community Goals: Goals that reflect the shared aspirations, values and priorities of local communities, fostering a sense of belonging, empowerment, and collective action.
- Group Goals: Goals that guide the efforts of specific groups, organizations, or sectors, ensuring their contributions align with and support the broader hierarchy of goals.
- Individual Goals: Personal objectives and aspirations that align with each layer of Higher Order goals and help individuals to contribute meaningfully to the collective mission.
By organizing our goals within a Total Nested Hierarchy, we can:
- Ensure that our individual and collective efforts are aligned and working towards the same overarching purpose.
- Foster greater collaboration, cooperation, and coordination among diverse individuals, groups, and sectors in diverse times and places.
- Facilitate the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and adjustment of our goals and strategies in response to changing circumstances and emerging opportunities.
- Cultivate a shared sense of purpose and commitment to the New Vision and Plan that guides us towards the Land Of Promise.
The Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals serves as a Roadmap for our Journey towards the New World, helping us to stay focused, inspired, and united in our pursuit of a better future for All living beings.
The Meta Goal
The Meta Goal: The total integrated wellbeing, development, and right relationship of All generations of Life and Consciousness in All Times and Spaces.
High Level Goals
195 nations via the UN have agreed upon the following High Level Goals:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Thriving Health and Wellbeing
- Lifelong Learning
- Equality and Justice For All
- Affordable and Accessible Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Accessible Clean Energy
- Meaningful Work and Economic Prosperity
- Regenerative Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities and Increased Inclusion
- Regenerative Cities and Communities
- Regenerative Consumption and Production
- Environmental Stewardship
- Flourishing Life Below Water
- Flourishing Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships For The Goals
We might add to these:
- Elimination of Corruption, Injustice, and Oppression
- Liberty and Justice For All
- Wise Integration and Prioritization of this Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals
Intermediate goals are specific, measurable, and time-bound objectives that serve as milestones on the path towards achieving high-level goals. They provide a tangible way to assess progress, inform decision-making, and adapt strategies as needed.
Whereas the High Level Goals rarely change, intermediate goals are routinely updated in order to establish Milestones that guide us towards the Progressive Realization of the Meta Goal.
Bioregional goals address the unique needs, opportunities, and challenges within specific bioregions, contributing to the resilience and vitality of ecosystems and communities. Bioregional goals may include goals such as:
- Restore and protect native ecosystems and biodiversity.
- Promote sustainable agriculture and forestry practices.
- Enhance water security and watershed health.
- Foster community resilience and adaptability to climate change.
Community goals reflect the shared aspirations and priorities of local communities, fostering a sense of belonging, empowerment, and collective action. Examples of community goals might include:
- Enhance local food security and support regenerative local food systems.
- Provide accessible and affordable housing options.
- Strengthen community culture, cohesion and social support networks.
- Improve access to quality healthcare and social services.
Group goals guide the efforts of specific groups, organizations, or sectors, ensuring their contributions align with and support the broader hierarchy of goals. Examples of group goals could include:
- Businesses adopting circular economy principles and reducing waste.
- Educational institutions promoting the principles and values of the Lionsberg System and the New Vision and Plan.
- Non-profit organizations advocating for policy changes that align policy and incentives with the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals.
- Research institutions developing innovative solutions to global challenges.
Individual goals are personal objectives and aspirations that align with each layer of higher-order goals, helping individuals contribute meaningfully to the collective mission. Examples of individual goals might include:
- Adopting a more regenerative lifestyle by reducing waste and conserving resources.
- Engaging in lifelong learning to stay informed, build capacity, and adapt to new challenges.
- Supporting local businesses and community initiatives that align with the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals.
- Advocating for policy changes and supporting leaders who prioritize values like Truth, Love, Justice, Stewardship, and Wisdom.
The Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals arises largely in response to the Total Nested Hierarchy of Issues, which outlines the complex and interconnected challenges inherent in any community of life. While the hierarchy of goals serves as a powerful starting point, the application and implementation of these goals present significant challenges.
Critically, new metrics and measurements are needed to ensure that the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals is accomplished, and the Total Nested Hierarchy of Issues is resolved in a way that is eternally regenerative and in alignment with the Total Nested Hierarchy of Values. This requires a shift in our approach to progress, such that all individuals and localities work towards global goals in a manner that, if replicated by all others, would result in the flourishing of all life and consciousness.
This implies that progress achieved through means that do not align with the ends we seek should be considered Waste rather than Value. Moreover, we must liberate ourselves from inadequate definitions and standards of poverty, as current measurements by international institutions fall short of supporting a quality and dignity of life desired for our loved ones, and ignore the non-monetary riches of many communities who live in Right Relationship with the Living System.
This higher-order framework and uniting philosophy is critically lacking in current international efforts to measure progress towards the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals. A Root Cause Analysis associated with each of the issues and goals is essential, which points to a Meta Crisis rooted in our way of being and organizing ourselves as a human species on planet Earth.
The Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals, when applied in the context of a comprehensive system, provides an integrated approach to addressing the complex challenges facing humanity and the planet. By recognizing and embracing the interconnected nature of these challenges, and by aligning our individual and collective efforts within this hierarchy, we can create the necessary conditions for transformative change and the emergence of a better future for all living beings.
To fully realize the potential of the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals, it is important to:
- Develop and refine our understanding of the Root Causes of the Total Nested Hierarchy of Issues, recognizing that lasting change requires addressing these underlying drivers of crisis and dysfunction.
- Prioritize the development and implementation of strategies, interventions, and solutions grounded in a deep understanding of the interconnected nature of the challenges we face, addressing multiple goals simultaneously.
- Recognize the importance of adapting and evolving our approaches in response to new insights, experiences, and feedback, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Engage diverse stakeholders, including individuals, communities, businesses, governments, international organizations, and the Voice of Nature in the co-creation of a shared New Vision and Plan for achieving the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals.
- Develop new metrics and measurement systems that effectively track our progress towards the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals and align with the Total Nested Hierarchy of Values, ensuring that our actions and decisions are guided by a coherent and integrated set of principles and priorities.
By embracing the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals and committing ourselves to the transformative change it calls for, we can embark on a collective journey towards a more just, regenerative, and flourishing future for all life and consciousness. Through this process, we can co-create a new world in harmony with the eternal wellbeing and development of all generations of life and consciousness, across all times and spaces.
Pages that link to this page
- Universal Goals and Values
- The New Goals and Objectives
- The Prototype
- System Wide Master Plan
- New Vision and Plan
- Lionsberg Trust Manifesto
- Mission Control
- Integrated Delivery Of Each Element
- Introduction To Integrated Delivery
- Lionsberg Currency
- Goal Delivery System
- Co-Creating The New World
- Provisional Conditions
- Global Goals
- Lionsberg Integrated Delivery System
- Meta Goal
- Meta Project
- Periods of Action
- Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals
- Total Nested Hierarchy of Issues
- Total Nested Hierarchy of Values
- Goals and Aspirations
- Meta Aspiration
- 2.0 Program Development
- Project Delivery Guide
- Resourcing Guide
- Meta Game
- 0. Introduction
- 1. Intention
- 2022.Q3 Presentation of Value Creation
- Above The Chaos, Co-Creating The Conditions For a New Sovereignty To Emerge
- Above The Chaos, How To Design And Build A Better World, Part I
- Above The Chaos, Invitation To The Great Game of Lionsberg
- Above The Chaos, The Lionsberg System - An Integrated Framework for Co-Creating the New World
- Above The Chaos, We Have Work To Do
- Above The Chaos, Why I Am Risking Everything To Build Lionsberg In Service Of The Meta Project
- 4.13 What Comes Next
- FAQ - What are the Goals of Lionsberg?
- 10.2 Sovereignty Leads To Action, Action Leads To Community
- 11.60 The Path Towards The Goal
- 11.20 Potential Relative to the Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals
- 11.35 The Proper Way of Being and Moving
- 11.14 The Order of Goals
- 11.15 But What Will We Eat, What Will We Wear, Where Will We Live?
- 11.16 The Total Nested Hierarchy of Goals and Loves
- 11.55 Goal Delivery Systems and the Network of Commitments
- 2.10 Making Our Subconscious Story Conscious
- 3.7 The Universal Intention and Goal
- 4.6 Goods and Anti-Goods
- 4.2 Continually Transforming Conscious Agents
- 9.40 Voluntary Alignment To Higher Intention, Goals, and Values
- The Lionsberg Meta Guide
- 8. Spending Attention
- J. Continuously Improving a Practice and a Way of Being
- 2022.07.05 Request For Guidance
- Above The Chaos, The Meta Project - Enacting the New Vision and Plan