2.11. The Pattern for Transforming Towards a Wisdom and Stewardship Based System
Context: Traditional systems often prioritize short-term profit, self-interest, ownership, and control, leading to decisions that are not be in the best interest of the greater good or future generations or our future selves. The Lionsberg model aims to transition towards a system based on wisdom, multi-generational thinking, and free-market stewardship, avoiding the traps and pitfalls of both centralized government control (aka unbridled Socialism) and decentralized self-interest and exploitation (aka unbridled Capitalism). By rejecting both isms and choosing Wisdom, humanity can advance into a new era of stewardship and abundance in service of all current and future generations of life, and the Generative Source from which they arise.
Problem: Existing systems that focus on short-term profit and self-interest can hinder long-term wellbeing, development, and right relationship for all generations of life and consciousness (The Goal).
- Short-term profit orientation
- Self-interest, ownership, and control focus
- Accumulation and hoarding vs. Flow
- Lack of long-term vision and foresight
- Limited consideration for future generations
- Environmental and social degradation
Solution: Establish a pattern for transforming towards a wisdom and stewardship-based system that promotes multi-generational thinking and free-market stewardship:
- Shift in mindset: Encourage a shift in mindset from short-term profit and self-interest to long-term wellbeing and stewardship.
- Promote multi-generational thinking: Foster a culture of multi-generational thinking, where decisions and actions consider the impact on future generations and the long-term consequences.
- Value wisdom: Prioritize wisdom in decision-making, valuing experience, knowledge, and ethical considerations.
- Free Market Stewardship over Ownership: Emphasize the importance of free market stewardship over ownership, encouraging responsible management and care for resources, rather than focusing on possession and control.
- Incentivize regenerative practices: Create incentives for individuals and organizations that adopt regenerative practices, prioritize long-term wellbeing, and contribute to the flourishing and abundance of the common good.
- Transparent and participatory governance: Implement transparent and participatory governance systems that allow for inclusive decision-making processes, empowering individuals and communities to contribute to long-term solutions.
- Education and awareness: Promote education and awareness around the importance of wisdom, stewardship, and multi-generational thinking in order to foster a broader understanding and adoption of these principles.
- Collaboration and collective action: Encourage collaboration and collective action in addressing global challenges and working towards a more sustainable and equitable future.
- Entrepreneurship and creativity: Cultivate a culture of creativity and entrepreneurship, leading to a proliferation of new ideas, organizations, and initiatives organized around the Pattern Language of the future.
- Organization and federation: Encourage sovereigns to self-organize and federate from the bottom up, pooling resources to build shared services, infrastructure and supports for current and future generations.
- Continuous learning and adaptation: Foster a culture of continuous learning and adaptation, allowing the system to evolve and improve over time in response to new insights, challenges, and opportunities.
Resulting Context: A wisdom and stewardship-based system that prioritizes long-term wellbeing, development, and sustainability for all generations of life and consciousness, fostering a more equitable, responsible, and resilient world.
Forward to 2.12. The Pattern for Transforming Towards a Wisdom and Stewardship Based System
Back to 2.10. The Pattern for Exchanging Units of Value in the Lionsberg Federation
Table of Contents The Lionsberg Approach to Citizen Led Governance
Discover Additional Lionsberg Wiki Books