The Lionsberg Book of Stories
This is a quick mini-book that is a Work In Progress. It is is elementary form and analysis of each story.
Stories From The Judeo-Christian Tradition
- The Story Of The Bible: The story of God's relationship with humanity and all creation.
- The Story of Creation: The story of God creating the universe and all living things.
- The Story of Adam and Eve: The story of the first man and woman and their fall from grace.
- The Story of Cain and Abel: The story of the first murder, in which Cain kills his brother Abel.
- The Story of Noah's Ark: The story of Noah building an ark and saving his family and the animals from a great flood.
- The Story of the Tower of Babel: The story of humanity's attempt to build a tower to reach heaven and the confusion of languages that resulted.
- The Story of Abraham and the Covenant: The story of Abraham, the first patriarch of Judaism, and his covenant with God.
- The Story of the Binding of Isaac: The story of Abraham being willing to sacrifice his son Isaac at God's command.
- Joseph and his Brothers: The story of Joseph, the favorite son of Jacob, and his brothers.
- Moses and the Ten Commandments: The story of Moses leading the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt and receiving the Ten Commandments from God on Mount Sinai.
- The Exodus: The story of the Israelites' escape from slavery in Egypt and their journey to the Promised Land.
- Joshua and the Battle of Jericho: The story of Joshua leading the Israelites into the Promised Land and the walls of Jericho falling.
- Gideon and the Fleece: The story of Gideon, a judge of Israel, and his victory over the Midianites.
- Samson and Delilah: The story of Samson, a judge of Israel, and his defeat at the hands of Delilah.
- Ruth and Boaz: The story of Ruth, a Moabite woman, and Boaz, a wealthy landowner, who marry and become the ancestors of King David.
- Samuel and the Anointing of David: The story of Samuel anointing David as the future king of Israel.
- David and Goliath: The story of the young shepherd David defeating the giant Philistine warrior Goliath.
- David and Bathsheba: The story of King David committing adultery with Bathsheba and arranging for the death of her husband.
- Solomon and the Baby: The story of Solomon, the wise king of Israel, and his decision to divide a baby in half in order to determine its true mother.
- Elijah and the Prophets of Baal: The story of Elijah, the prophet of Israel, defeating the prophets of Baal.
- Elisha and the Widow's Oil: The story of Elisha, the prophet of Israel, helping a poor widow by multiplying her small amount of oil.
- Jonah and the Whale: The story of the prophet Jonah being swallowed by a whale and being saved by God.
- Esther and Mordecai: The story of Esther, a Jewish queen, and Mordecai, her cousin, who help to save the Jews from being destroyed by an evil ruler.
- Job: The story of Job, a wealthy man who suffers a series of devastating losses but remains faithful to God.
- Daniel in the Lion's Den: The story of the prophet Daniel being thrown into a den of lions but being protected by God.
- Isaiah and the Cherry Tree: The story of the prophet Isaiah carving the words "God is with us" into a cherry tree.
- Ezekiel and the Dry Bones: The story of the prophet Ezekiel being shown a vision of dry bones coming back to life.
- The Psalms: A collection of 150 hymns, prayers, and poems that express a wide range of emotions and experiences.
- The Proverbs: A collection of wise sayings and practical advice on how to live a good life.
- The Song of Solomon: A love poem that celebrates the beauty and passion of human love.
- The Book of Esther: The story of Esther, a Jewish queen, and Mordecai, her cousin, who help to save the Jews from being destroyed by an evil ruler.
- Abraham and Lot: The story of Abraham and his nephew Lot separating and going their own ways.
- Jacob and Esau: The story of the twins Jacob and Esau, who have a strained relationship.
- Jacob's Ladder: The story of Jacob dreaming of a ladder to heaven and being reassured of God's presence.
- Jacob and Rachel: The story of Jacob falling in love with Rachel and working for her father for seven years in exchange for her hand in marriage.
- Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat: The story of Joseph, the favorite son of Jacob, interpreting Pharaoh's dream and saving Egypt from a famine.
- Balaam and the Talking Donkey: The story of Balaam, a prophet, being stopped from cursing the Israelites by a talking donkey.
- Jephthah and His Daughter: The story of Jephthah, a judge of Israel, making a vow to sacrifice the first thing he sees upon his return home and then regretting it when he sees his daughter.
- Deborah and Barak: The story of Deborah, a judge of Israel, and Barak, a military leader, defeating the Canaanites.
- Gideon and the Ephod: The story of Gideon, a judge of Israel, creating an ephod, or sacred garment, and it becoming a source of idolatry for the Israelites.
- The Ark of the Covenant: The story of the Ark of the Covenant, a sacred chest containing the tablets of the Ten Commandments, being built and carried by the Israelites.
- Saul and David: The story of Saul, the first king of Israel, and David, who later becomes king and is known for his bravery and musical ability.
- Solomon and the Temple: The story of Solomon, the wise king of Israel, building the First Temple in Jerusalem.
- Elijah and the Chariot of Fire: The story of Elijah being taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire.
- Elisha and the Bears: The story of Elisha, the prophet of Israel, being protected by bears when he is attacked by a group of boys.
- Isaiah and the Sign: The story of the prophet Isaiah being told to give a sign to the people of Jerusalem.
- Ezekiel and the Valley of Dry Bones: The story of the prophet Ezekiel being shown a vision of the resurrection of the dead.
- Hosea and Gomer: The story of the prophet Hosea's marriage to an unfaithful woman named Gomer as a metaphor for God's relationship with Israel.
- Joel and the Locusts: The story of the prophet Joel warning the people of a coming plague of locusts.
- Amos and the Sheep: The story of the prophet Amos being told to go and speak out against the injustice and corruption in Israel.
- Abraham and the Covenant: The story of Abraham, the first patriarch of Judaism, and his covenant with God.
Stories From The Muslim Tradition
Stories From The Hindu Tradition
Stories From The Buddhist Tradition
Stories From Chinese Traditional Religion
Stories From Indigenous Traditions
Stories From Scientific and Agnostic Traditions
Pages that link to this page